Thursday 11 August 2011

Nath of the Gilt-Leaf



original card

I'm getting completely addicted to EDH lately. I'm constantly looking for new Commanders to build a cool deck around them, and being elves one of the most prominent tribes out there (only beaten by Humans and Goblins) I had to build an elves deck! Having Rofellos banned, I think Nath will be a good choice, as it lets you add B to the mix and both of his two abilities are quite good.
In terms of the illustration, I picked that fantastic one because it portraits a darker elf than the original, and I always felt that elf assassins are one of the coolest creatures out there :D.

Original Card Artist: Kev Walker
Altered Card Artist: Dave Rapoza


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I know that this is bumping an old work, and it seems that you are not active, but your altered art is awesome. Seriously, its great. The comic book alterations (Hellboy!!!) are great and the Nath of the Gilt-Leaf (my EDH general as well) is awesome. Keep creating if you have set these works aside!!!